The Senior Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion leads, creates, and executes on DEI strategies at Workiva. This person sets the tone and ensures that the right practices are in place to build an inclusive culture that celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences and fosters belonging.
- Is the company’s DEI expert and leads all aspects of the company wide DEI function. Creates and executes DEI strategy that aligns with business goals and needs.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to design, implement and provide direction on DEI programs that attract, retain, and develop a diverse workforce. Works closely with all parts of HR to ensure that DEI is integrated throughout all people practices company-wide.
- Serves as a strategic business partner, advisor and leader who can influence all levels of leadership, employees, and HR by identifying/understanding root cause, building and executing solutions and flexing to meet partners where they are in order to help them take action.
- Translates external and internal trends into innovative and creative practices that add to the Workiva culture.
- Partners with the Communications team to build and execute ongoing stakeholder management and communication plans.
- Provides external thought leadership by representing Workiva at conferences and client meetings, and educating the marketplace on effective strategies that drive diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Leads internal DEI committee and DEI council.
- Provides direction and support for employee resource groups and their employee leaders to ensure maximum impact and alignment to company objectives.
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills exhibited at all levels within an organization.
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement.
- A solutions-first approach and a capacity to come to the table with a diverse set of ideas for how to accomplish goals.
- Ability to gather, review and present data in a meaningful manner to drive results.
- Connection to a community of DEI practitioners and a willingness to engage this community to keep your toolkit fresh and current.
- 12-15 years of experience in HR, Talent Management, and/or a diversity function.
- Demonstrated experience articulating a vision, translating it into executable strategy and driving cross-functional teams to deliver against the plan.
- Proven track record of facilitating organization-wide initiatives with senior stakeholders.
- Experience planning and prioritizing projects, programs, and activities while meeting organizational requirements and maintaining accountability.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Up to 20% travel
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $198,000 – 240,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.