Workiva is looking for a Senior Digital Designer who is passionate about creating highly-intuitive, beautifully-designed, well-communicated concepts across multiple digital touchpoints to join our team! This role will work across multiple disciplines within the Workiva network. Responsibilities include but are not limited to concept development, content creation and optimization, campaign development, design and execution of digital assets to be used in online advertising, and digital marketing.
- Works with Creative Director to define future-forward approaches, priorities and deliverables to create world class solutions for our brand
- Designs and develops various forms of media for use in print or digital format
- Contributes to a cross-functional team developing and protecting our brand identity and guidelines
- Leads team to refine and pursue new design ideas for branding, digital, web, videos, advertising campaigns, and marketing message
- Develops, evolves, and maintains our web design system while working closely with developers
- Creates disruptive animated and static graphics, infographics, digital advertising media content
- Organizes and manages design/branding reviews
- Champions design and brand objectives by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, and coaching employees
- Manages approval process with needed stakeholders on a daily basis
- Manages vendor relations with external stakeholders to ensure the final product meets brand standards for distribution
- Acquires and evaluates stakeholder and user feedback; proposes and implements changes
- Analyzes data and presents strategic recommendations
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Curious mindset with an strong understanding of digital design, content and web best practices/guidelines
- Strong, creative design sense with a keen eye for detail with ability to see big picture
- Strong understanding & discipline of digital standards
- Strong conceptual thinker that align with modern design trends in the digital space
- Proficient in web-based interaction design principles
- Knowledge and experience collaborating with creative, marketing and web development teams to build effective solutions
- Knowledge of UX standard methodologies
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
- Ability to foster teamwork and team culture
- Self starter that consistently meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing
- Ability to resolve operational problems and identify process improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong business judgment and high level of initiative, creativity and flexibility
- Ability to analyze and interpret metrics
- Ability to readily adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, and other web and video editing tools
- Video editing (Adobe Premiere)
- Motion graphics and animation (Adobe After Effects)
- Experience with other Adobe products, Sketch, and other design tools
- 6+ years agency/marketing and design experience with a successful track record of developing, executing and measuring strategies and tactics
- Solid portfolio of proven work
- Experience in a technology or services-based business preferred
- Proven ability to deliver great work on time and on budget
- Proven ability to manage and sell ideas
- Experience designing for both digital and print mediums, including web and email graphics, slide presentations, and printed signage
- Proven creative leadership and brand management experience with ability to take project from creation to execution
- Up to 10%
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com.
View page here