The Senior Analytics Architect will leverage knowledge of Workiva’s information, application, and infrastructure environment as well as the current technology landscape to design a holistic and optimized analytics platform to support the Data Management and Analytics organization’s roadmap and initiatives. This includes AI-based products and dashboards for external customers as well as business intelligence for internal business stakeholders.
This person will report to the VP of Data Management and Analytics and provide data architecture expertise and mentor all the teams in the DMA organization. They will also collaborate with and have a dual responsibility in to the broader architecture organization, including the engineering teams they support.
- Design and build data infrastructure to support data processing, visualizations, reporting, and advanced analytics including AI and machine learning
- Nonfunctional requirements of this data infrastructure include data quality, governance, lifecycle management, and compliance
- Stand-up large-scale data management and processing systems
- Provide and own strategic direction, evaluation and recommendation of data and analytics technologies
- Mentor members of the multiple data and analytics teams
- Partner with the Architecture, Information Security, Infrastructure, and Operations teams to design and implement new initiatives as related to data and analytics
- Collaborate with employees and teams across the company, including other engineering teams, architecture, business stakeholders, and senior leadership
- Participate in both VP of Data Management and Analytics and Head of Architecture leadership meetings to provide expertise and recommendations
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 8+ years system design/development experience in building large scale distributed systems and products
- 1+ years focused on data and analytics related systems
- Strong experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS such as Athena, Glue, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Experience in identifying, establishing, deploying and maintaining architecture strategy and structure
- Experience with a variety of concepts, methodologies, technologies, and programming languages, including:
- Streaming and data technologies, such as Kafka, Kinesis, Redshift, Big Query, Snowflake, Spark, stream processing, NoSQL, Kubernetes, or Docker
- Programming languages; Python or Java preferred
- Infrastructure as code or automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible or Cloud Formation
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), performance and integration testing
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Messaging infrastructure, security protocols and search indexing
- Advanced knowledge of web and application servers, and serverless architectures
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems, including conducting root cause analyses, code debugging, and leveraging programming patterns.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Extract Transform Load (ETL) tools and ETL pipelines
- DevOps, DataOps, or MLOps methodologies
- Design and maintenance of large scale, near real-time applications
- Distributed systems
- Financial and compliance systems
- Data warehousing and Massively Parallel Processing
- Operations Support Systems
- Vertical specialization, such as predictive analysis, anomaly detection and monitoring
- Data visualization tools such as QuickSight, Tableau, Data Studio, or custom tools via D3 or HTML5
- Project management
- Advanced networking and hardware
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $140,000 – $195,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View page here