This position is primarily responsible for performing monthly variance analysis with a focus on corporate and operating expenses in comparison to budget and prior periods. This requires strong analytical skills and the ability to understand and communicate to all levels of the organization the details and drivers of such variances. The Senior Analyst, Corporate Accounting is also expected to conduct and lead monthly meetings with management to review their monthly results. Strong organizational, MS Excel and communication skills are critical for the successful management of such responsibilities.
- Perform detailed analytical review on monthly, quarterly, annually variance (flux) analysis on financial statements results.
- Support the Accounting department in all aspects of the monthly and quarterly financial closing and reporting process including recording, monitoring, and tracking transactions.
- Complete thorough analytical review for transactional, OpEx and Corporate expenses and perform reclasses on monthly basis to ensure costs are reported correctly.
- Maintain the annual budget, process, and perform monthly review of actual costs incurred to budget and point out variances for all Projects, OpEx and Corporate cost centers.
- Keep track of the company’s financial expenditures, maintain a database, and provide reports as and when requested by supervisors
- Responsible for internal projects cost tracking including for all business segments to ensure costs are properly tracked and tied back to financials.
- Review and scrub accounting transactions and propose journal entries if needed.
- Creating pivot tables for OpEx and Corporate expenses and transactional files.
- Collaborate with multifunctional teams across the company to capture monthly operational costs and ensuring costs are tracked and properly reported for all business segments.
- Assist in performing G/L account reconciliations and ensure resolution of processing issues and accurately reported financial statements
- Conduct and lead monthly OpEx meetings with the field operations team to ensure costs are properly verified and reviewed.
- Compare monthly and quarterly actual vs actual (for external reporting purposes) and compare actual vs. budget (for internal reporting purposes).
- Analyze financial data by collecting, monitoring, and creating financial models for decision support
- Improve financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required, MBA preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 5 years related business experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics D365 (Power Bi) accounting system preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, advanced Excel experience required.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) required.
Read more here.