1. Field trial and nursery seed preparation and shipping
• Organize seed pull-out and seed treatments( fungicides and pesticides coating)
• Field trial and nursery seed package printing and planting box layout
• Supervision and training interns and part-time workers
2. Manage seed database and storage (corn and wheat) through dedicated DB.
• Manage seed shelling systems, seed counters, seed packaging and operation of all research machinery and equipment of the station.
• Design and generate of labels to maintain seed traceability from field to final storage
• Maintenance and regular update of research and seed inventory database
• Manage and organize electronic record of in and out seed request and quality regulatory paper work associated with internal and external seed movement within U.S and between U.S. and France for better traceability.
3. Manage purchases of research and office supplies of the station
• Cooperate with suppliers in support of station manager to keep the station functional:
• Monitoring of daily needs and seasonal research material inventories
• assist in annual budgeting items
4. Participate in nursery and yield trial activities
• Maintenance and monitoring of integrity of field trial and nursery plots
• 40% travel and overnight stays to visit trials during the growing season
• Experience with corn and wheat disease screening trials (artificial inoculation, disease identification, and scoring)
• Throughout season agronomic data collect
• Organize seed conditioning for optimum seed quality
• Manage phenotypic data transfer associated with the nursery into the research database.
• Write research results, propose, and share annual reports with appropriate team.
5. Assist with building maintenance issues in cooperation with all station staff.
6. Assist with USDA-APHIS applications and reporting.
- You hold a bachelor degree in agronomy or related field.
- You have an experience of at least 5 years in seed preparation for research trials
- You have a good knowledge of seed business and practices
- You possess strong agronomic skills
- You are interested in plant pathology
- You are very well organized
- You can travel independently during the growing season