The Security Operations Engineer supports InfoSec’s mission to builds tools and processes to hunt, detect, stop, and respond to security threats across the enterprise. As a Security Operations Engineer you will assist in the administration and management of Workiva’s logging and monitoring infrastructure. You will participate in incident response and investigation as well as assist in developing strategies for detecting attacks and threats to our environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide technical oversight of the Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) system
- Develop Security Operations Center (SOC) procedures and protocols that will provide appropriate situational awareness and clear remedial action plans
- Develop detection strategies to identify anomalous behaviors and attacks.
- Monitor the alerts raised by the SIEM and execute on the SOC procedures and protocols as designed.
- Train and educate Security staff, internal stakeholders, and external business partners on SOC management and procedures
- Use metrics and security monitoring systems to ensure security is effective and maintained in a fashion that supports our performance, scalability and stability.
- Find ways to use existing systems to improve security for our platform.
What You’ll Need:
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement
- The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Experience with SIEM technologies and utilization within a Sec Ops environment
- Strong knowledge of network and network security functionality
- Interest in or experience with systems languages (Python, Ruby)
- Experience in implementation and management of SIEM solutions
- Experience with Splunk and SOC procedures
- Familiarity with container-based infrastructure orchestration
- Familiarity with security principles in Public Cloud Services (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Less than 10% travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- Base pay range in Colorado: $102,000 – $127,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be abo e or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Apply through the link below: https://workiva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Ames/Security-Operations-Engineer_R1067-1