The SaaS Operations Engineer’s role is to troubleshoot, monitor, integrate, configure, and administer SaaS applications or platforms. The person in this role participates in the planning and documentation of policies and procedures to ensure system implementation, design, and maintenance is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
Monitor and Maintain SaaS Systems:
- Configure SaaS systems utilizing compliance best practices
- Perform change management for systems using a defined SDLC
- Creates and maintains documentation for applications, processes, and procedures
- Conduct audits on existing systems by running reports and providing analysis
- Perform incident management and response procedures to ensure all incidents are addressed appropriately
- Participate in on-call rotation to respond to critical events
Technical Support and Administration:
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, and access
- Anticipate, identify, troubleshoot and mitigate/resolve issues as they arise
- Recommend, schedule, and perform system improvements, upgrades, patches, and re-configurations
- Integrate and automate SaaS systems to increase value and adoption
- Transmit data between SaaS systems with automated tooling
- Implement new SaaS applications
- Advise business on new and existing SaaS systems
What You’ll Need
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Skilled at working within a dynamic, team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language
- Self-motivated and directed
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Demonstrated SaaS Administration experience
- Working technical knowledge of current systems, software, protocols, and standards
- Demonstrable record of technical configuration, process, and change documentation
- Technical knowledge of modern SaaS applications in multiple of the following categories, a plus: IAM, IGA, HRIS, ITSM, Communication, Finance/Accounting
- Minimal travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Rotational on-call availability needed to cover support of applications
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $82,000 – $105,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com.