The Revenue Accounting Manager takes ownership of Workiva’s worldwide revenue recognition process, including the implementation of policies and procedures. In this critical role, the Revenue Accounting Manager will partner with the different business partners, playing an advisor role during the contracting process to optimize business outcome while ensuring accurate revenue recognition.
- Oversee revenue accounting policy for continuous improvement per ASC 606
- Lead strategic initiatives, drive implementation and participate in cross-functional projects and system enhancements
- Reviews and concludes on complex transactions for appropriate accounting treatment
- Provide guidance to sales operation, product and Marketing, legal, corporate accounting, and other business/operational groups to understand and resolve complex and ambiguous issues identified in reviews of business model and revenue arrangements
- Reviews Month/Quarter/Year-end accounting close for critical accounting matters and assist the disclosure analysis
- Collaborate with Internal Audit and External Auditors around key control documentation and evidence compliance requirements
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing other tasks as needed and other projects as assigned
- Demonstrates and applies strong accounting knowledge, acumen, and advanced technical expertise
- Build and maintain a positive environment to train and develop team members to foster understanding of broad Revenue Accounting principles, policies, procedures and systems with a high level of customer service focus
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required; CPA certification is preferred
- Proficiency in both operational and technical SaaS ASC 606 revenue recognition and US GAAP revenue standards
- Ability to interpret contracts and policies to ensure items are implemented accurately
- Advanced technical accounting skills and proficiency with financial systems required
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead, motivate and drive teams to deliver world-class services and high impact results
- Positive and professional demeanor, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interact effectively with a variety of team members in various departments and job levels.
- Minimum 5 years of revenue accounting or related
- Superior Microsoft Office skills, Salesforce, Xactly and Intacct experience highly desired
- Experience working in a global environment preferred
- Leadership experience is a plus
- Minimal travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
Read more here.