The Revenue Accounting Manager takes ownership of Workiva’s worldwide revenue recognition process, including the implementation of policies and procedures. In this critical role, the Revenue Accounting Manager will partner with the different business partners, playing an advisor role during the contracting process to optimize business outcome while ensuring accurate revenue recognition.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee revenue accounting policy for continuous improvement per ASC 606
- Lead strategic initiatives, drive implementation and participate in cross-functional projects and system enhancements
- Reviews and concludes on complex transactions for appropriate accounting treatment
- Provide guidance to sales operation, product and Marketing, legal, corporate accounting, and other business/operational groups to understand and resolve complex and ambiguous issues identified in reviews of business model and revenue arrangements
- Reviews Month/Quarter/Year-end accounting close for critical accounting matters and assist the disclosure analysis
- Collaborate with Internal Audit and External Auditors around key control documentation and evidence compliance requirements
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing other tasks as needed and other projects as assigned
- Demonstrates and applies strong accounting knowledge, acumen, and advanced technical expertise
- Build and maintain a positive environment to train and develop team members to foster understanding of broad Revenue Accounting principles, policies, procedures and systems with a high level of customer service focus
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required; CPA certification is preferred
- Proficiency in both operational and technical SaaS ASC 606 revenue recognition and US GAAP revenue standards
- Ability to interpret contracts and policies to ensure items are implemented accurately
- Advanced technical accounting skills and proficiency with financial systems required
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead, motivate and drive teams to deliver world-class services and high impact results
- Positive and professional demeanor, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interact effectively with a variety of team members in various departments and job levels.
- Minimum 5 years of revenue accounting or related
- Superior Microsoft Office skills, Salesforce, Xactly and Intacct experience highly desired
- Experience working in a global environment preferred
- Leadership experience is a plus
- Minimal travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $110,000 – $148,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: www.linkedin.com/showcase/workiva-life-and-careers/
Learn more about the company: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.