Amazing things happen when the right people are given the right tools. Vertex Software empowers people to create and collaborate like never before. Our software accelerates discovery, innovation, and idea exchange. We inspire new and amazing things. Vertex founder and proven entrepreneur, Dan Murray, has grown two prior software companies to $100M+ revenue and executed successful IPOs. This is a ground-floor opportunity and part of our effort to expand product development, engineering, marketing, and sales teams in preparation for product launch.
Vertex Software is actively seeking a Software Delivery Manager to help ensure successful delivery of our product roadmap by understanding product priorities, identifying dependencies for delivery, and leading the team in planning work accordingly. Ideal candidates are strong communicators who are comfortable operating at varying levels of technical detail given a range of contexts. This individual will be the go-to person for understanding the status of projects and will help the engineering and product teams deliver results through agile project management.
- Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile methodology; learning and iterating frequently
- Work with product managers and engineering team leads to execute on the roadmap for any given product/project, using prioritization methods, documentation, and communication.
- Communicate status and progress of objectives on behalf of teams
- Constantly work with assigned teams and across teams to remove impediments/obstacles and identify/remove dependencies to ensure delivery stays on track
- Increase the speed and velocity of delivery while constantly delivering value to customers
- Ensure team stays on track to meet the larger strategic vision by focusing on tactical delivery
- Optimize team processes to help create healthy, high performing, and autonomous teams
- Understand the underlying technologies used within your teams to assist in managing the technical implementation of projects
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, engineering, computer science, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of delivery/project management experience working in a web, software, or cloudware environment
- Experience with Agile project methodology
- Proficient with agile project tracking tools such as JIRA or comparable
- Servant leader with excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Strong decision maker with solid business acumen; knowing when to make a decision yourself, and when to gather input from others
- Balance the goals of your team and projects with those of the broader company
- Equally comfortable with leveraging a defined process or designing a new one
- Solid ability to work with both technical and non-technical groups to facilitate teamwork, respect, and continuous performance improvement
- Ability to bring multiple groups together to facilitate prioritization of needs and drive those priorities in a dynamic, changing environment
- A strong communicator with strong presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to take complex projects, break them down, organize, and communicate them
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion
View page here