The Regional Sales Executive is responsible to assist in the growth, and development of the TMC Logistics Customer base. They will be accountable for continuous sourcing of a portfolio of profitable customers that are core value fits for TMC. They accomplish this by utilizing communication, organizational, creativity skills to maximize revenue potential while meeting customer service/operational requirements and organizational goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Perform Outside Sales Activity to develop customer relationships and pipeline. This is a Hunter role and employees are expected to do no day to day operational activities
- Successfully build strong partnerships with external customers
- Successfully build strong partnerships with assigned Account Executive
- Uncover and update all Team Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and any other necessary tasks that enhance improvement to the success of the customer portfolio.
- Lead Quarterly Reviews in collaboration with the Account Executive
- Strategically build and execute plans to increase wallet share with new customers
- Collaborate with the RVP’s of Business Development to onboard and manage new strategic level customers under the RVP’s mentorship
- Communicate daily and weekly information vital to the success of the customer portfolio back to the GM concerning challenges, successes, and general information with accounts, people and processes.
- Assist in branch budgeting and annual branch planning
- Serve as a leader/mentor for the company
- Learn to interact with customers at the VP Level and C Suite
- Expected to be in Home Branch 1-2 days per week on average. The other 3-4 days meeting with prospective customers.
- Four-year degree, preferably in Transportation and Logistics, and/or relevant experience in transportation or related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience at TMC or equivalent field experience
- Not currently on a Performance/Discipline Improvement Plan
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) products.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced work environment and tolerate stress
- Ability to plan and organize, attention to detail, problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.