The Project Manager is the point person for internal customer-related projects. This person plans, budgets, monitors, and documents all progress of a particular project, including delays, setbacks, and unexpected circumstances. The Project Manager leads the resources assigned to the project and is ultimately responsible for the project’s success. This role oversees the budget, timeline, and scope of high-profile projects with large budgets.
What You’ll Do
- Acts as the point of contact person for issues regarding the project.
- Responsible for the project from inception to completion.
- Leads the project team and is responsible for holding the team accountable to timelines, budget, deliverables, and scope.
- Manages project documentation and reporting.
- Communicates potential delays and estimated delivery dates to all stakeholders.
- Works with internal customers to ensure the project meets the expectations.
- Oversees schedules, budgets, timelines, and project scope to ensure goal attainment.
- Researches the proper budget for a given project, ensures the team stays within budget, and speaks to each budgeted expense.
- Has the authority to readjust the budget as needed, within scope.
- Stays in constant contact with the stakeholders to ensure project is on track and communicates progress on a consistent basis.
- Consults with stakeholders when project execution does not fall within the budget, timeline, or scope to ensure the project stays within budget, on time, and within scope.
- Works closely with Stakeholder teams and Workiva management to act as an ambassador and advocate
- Consults with all cross- functional teams to ensure they are on the same page.
What You’ll Need
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience required
- Familiarity working within the Software or Technology field strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong project management and time management skills are a must
- Up to 10% travel
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com.
View page here