The Swine Master Rotation Program (MRP) position is designed to accelerate the early development of individuals by offering the opportunity to experience several rotational assignments within the different Swine Marketing functions with the objective to boost customer centricity on the Swine business. The position will provide candidates: the ability to “learn by doing”; greater exposure to different strategic pillars of the swine business and a better understanding of Key/Strategic Accounts Needs and demands on the US Swine Market. Areas in the following swine business functions could be covered: Core Portfolio, KAM, Segmentation of One, Pricing, Training and Branded House. A Boehringer Ingelheim (BI) executive will sponsor the program, which will consist of several rotations (approximately 6 months per rotation) within the specific business function over a period of three years.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a portfolio of project assignments to demonstrate cumulative learning and as a basis of discussion for future assignments.
- Partner with business leadership and internal team members to identify and analyze business needs and provide innovative recommendations/solutions.
- Organize projects and activities; prioritizing efforts by market need and/or greatest financial impact.
- Performs all company business in accordance with all regulations (EEO, FDA, OSHA, PDMA, EPA, PhRMA, etc.) and Company policies + procedures. When violations are noted/observed they are to be immediately reported to management. Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts in order to maintain Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health, excellent reputation within the medical and pharmaceutical communities
- Incumbent will be faced with complex and/or sensitive situations which will require advanced problem-solving ability to successfully recommend, influence and implement solutions. These complex situations may require engaging varying levels within the organization with differing points of view while always focusing on solutions.
- The incumbent interacts with peers as well as with senior swine leaders across the U.S. (live and virtually) and, in some cases, globally within some business units.
- Graduate degree required, MBA or Master’s preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years business experience; experience in area of rotation preferred
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and coordinate efforts with colleagues from multiple functional areas.
- Experience leading projects (Project Management Skills)
- Strong communication + interpersonal skills, including excellent presentation skills
- History of successful performance.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook and database applications.
- Foreign language skills (Spanish) preferred
- Must be mobile, domestic; ability to travel required(short and long term – may include overnight travel).
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
· Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
· Must be 18 years of age or older.