Summit Carbon Solutions is an innovative company which is developing and building the world’s largest carbon capture project in the upper Midwest over the next several years. We are a dynamic and highly entrepreneurial team that is expanding rapidly. We are looking for a smart, flexible, and high-energy individual to join our team. Summit Carbon offers an exciting, collaborative work environment with a casual dress code. We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
This position reports to the Director of Project Controls and is responsible budgeting, monitoring, forecasting, and controlling capital spend; supporting schedule and risk management; cost performance and variance reporting; and managing project controls staff.
- Responsible for the project forecast (ETC, EAC, VAC), including pending and approved changes, and other observed trends.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of monthly project cost reports. Lead monthly project review meetings and review monthly reports.
- Responsible for the cost flow and cash flow forecasts and ensuring alignment with the cost accounting system and schedule.
- Develop and report monthly KPI’s to communicate performance to the project team and senior management.
- Responsible for the control budget, including populating the Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) from the approved project estimates.
- Ability to provide estimating assurance on estimates submitted by engineering and construction contractors.
- Sound knowledge of earned value best practices, including establishing and implementing rules of credit and quantity tracking procedures.
- Ensure the project team follows change management procedures and guidelines.
- Develop and implement project contingency draw down plans.
- Ability to work closely with project scheduling, project accounting, supply chain, engineering, and construction.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management and 10+ years’ experience in major capital projects
- Familiarity with PDRI, AACE, IPA, PMI and other relevant standards and recommended practices
- Well-balanced interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Must be delivery focused, self-motivated, capable of working with minimal supervision and/or direction and goal oriented
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Required Software Skills:
- MS Office suite: excel, power point, word, outlook
- Value adds for the following software skills:
- Power BI
- Primavera P6
- Dynamics 365 or other ERP accounting software
For more information, click here.