Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. Ag Leader has become a global team providing year-round solutions to meet the needs of production agriculture. We are improving the lives of farmers around the world by helping them plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators continuing to revolutionize agriculture.
To be a member of the Manufacturing Team that is focused on producing the highest quality Precision Ag products and delivering them to our Dealers and Growers. You will supervise the 2nd shift production team. You will work closely with the 1st shift Production Supervisors, the Production & Inventory Control Manager, Manufacturing Engineers, Quality Manager, HR, and the Training/Safety Specialist, to help us reach our goals in Quality, Delivery, Productivity, and Safety. As a leader, you will demonstrate and promote the Ag Leader Way:
- Willing, Ready, Doing
- Courage to do what is Right
The Right Person Will
- Contribute and thrive in a team environment
- Have a customer focused mentality
- Cultivate relationships with team members
- Welcome opportunities to solve technical and other work-related challenges
- Commit to bringing their best every day
- Manage and train a team of production employees to meet daily customer demand within the framework of Ag Leader’s Quality Policy.
- Ensure that work conditions are safe and safe practices are consistently executed.
- Develop and maintain staffing plans aligned to forecasted demand.
- Collaborate with peers to deploy employee resources through the facility as staffing needs and priorities change based on demand.
- Interview, select, and onboard employees to support staffing plans.
- Promote and maintain 5S in the workplace.
- Maintain employee timecards for payroll processing.
- Establish a positive working environment through the use of pro-active communication and adherence with Ag Leader employee policies as written in Employee Handbook.
- Ensure that Standard Work is followed for all processes.
- Maintain training records, evaluate skills, and cross train team member to meet business needs.
- Uphold Quality Standards by working with Quality Manager and Manufacturing Engineering to address quality issues in the department.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects within department.
- Ensure inventory accuracy by completing job transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicate with 1st shift supervisors and Mfg Eng during overlap of the two shifts.
- Identify parts needs and work with internal and external resources to ensure material availability.
- Relay facilities-related issues that arise on 2nd shift to appropriate persons on 1st
- Arm the building at the end of the shift
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to create a work environment in which people feel empowered and can perform effectively as a team.
- Ability to collaborate with other supervisors and support staff.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing practices and ability to promote their use.
- Experience with quality systems and with ERP/MRP.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High school diploma/GED. College Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment, and 2 years of experience as a supervisor or lead operator preferred.
To apply and read more click here.