Product Architects work within software delivery teams to ensure components are thoughtfully designed, evangelized appropriately, and well integrated with the broader vision laid out by architecture leadership. Product Architects are direct participants in their product delivery teams — they write production-level code, design systems, and guide the long-term evolution of their product or system through hands-on involvement. In addition, Product Architects provide consistent feedback to architecture leadership and are instrumental in providing on-the-ground support in identifying and enforcing architectural standards and best practices.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering management to define the technical strategy that directly supports and informs the product strategy
- Actively participate as stakeholders in group product reviews, stakeholder meetings, architecture reviews, and OKR reviews to align architectural goals with product goals
- Actively contributing to executing engineering objectives by writing, debugging, and maintaining code.
- Proactively contribute to the architecture community by documenting decisions and designs, performing technology assessments, contributing to architecture reviews, and raising architectural issues to engineering and architectural leaders
- Participate in the development of rapid prototypes to validate architecture and design concepts and quantify technical risks
- Coordinate architecture changes in your area with other groups through participation in relevant architecture programs and processes
- Communicate software architecture to relevant stakeholders through presentations, documentation, and working prototypes
- Identify strong architectural patterns and evangelize them to architecture leadership and other taxonomy groups
- Provide consistent feedback to architecture leadership that helps inform technical strategy
- Provide review, oversight, guidance, and assistance to engineers implementing architectural work and designs
- Coach and mentor software engineers on architectural best practices
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of experience designing and building software applications
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Experience in one of:
- Software or solution architecture for building distributed web applications
- Service-oriented or microservice architecture
- Automated continuous integration, deployment and testing
- Designing systems that leverage cloud infrastructure
- Large-scale application design and development
- System integration and interoperability
- Experience mentoring/coaching peers in technical role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise in programming to include a solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in one or more of: data structures, algorithms, object-oriented software design, and working with cloud-based distributed systems.
- Demonstrated ability in technical writing, design documentation, and technical communication
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You Will Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $158,000 to $204,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
- The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com.
View page here