The Pricing Analyst is a key member of a team that develops, implements, and refines the global pricing and packaging strategy for Workiva’s platform. This is a highly-visible, pivotal individual contributor role that partners extensively with cross functional teams including Product, Sales, Operations teams to support the monetization strategy across Workiva. The Pricing Analyst will augment Workiva Pricing Team’s analytic capabilities to drive key monetization initiatives and decisions using a data-driven approach and ensure we package, price, and position product offerings to maximize value for both our customers and our company.
- Support pricing & packaging initiatives across all Workiva solutions (e.g., measuring, monitoring and reporting on key pricing KPIs, price modeling, competitive research)
- Support ad hoc pricing projects incorporating project design, data collection and analysis, summarization of findings, and presentation of results
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders from Product, Sales, Marketing to assist with pricing analytics and optimization across the portfolio of products
- Work directly with product, accounting/finance, sales, marketing and operations teams to help drive go-to-market strategy for products and optimization of internal pricing processes
- Work closely with operational teams and data sources to analyze and interpret win/loss data in order to drive pricing & packaging optimization
- Assist with building customer segmentation models, analyzing willingness-to-pay studies, competitive research, running price discovery & testing analytics
- Provide analytics support to evaluate new pricing models and strategies to support business initiatives and company goals
- Help support sales teams in large deal opportunities with custom creative pricing solutions
- Assist with pricing & packaging related content and readiness activities to enable Sales
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance or related field; MBA preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 2+ years of work experience in consulting industry or Business-to-Business(B2B) software industry
- Experience working with data to identify trends and areas of opportunity while turning these into a compelling story; SaaS/software preferre
- Excellent end-to-end generalist problem solving skills, including developing logical, actionable recommendations
- Proficient in data analysis with tools such as MS Excel, SQL, R, or similar analytical tools
- Strong analytical skills with preferably some level of expertise in statistical analysis (including Van Westendorp / MaxDiff / Price Sensitivity)
- Strong business acumen, including building business cases and developing clear hypotheses
- Strong communication skills, comfortable presenting to large groups including executives
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to identify and develop solutions from a strategic and operational perspective
- Minimal travel
Read more here.