- Performs data extraction and analysis to support Planning and Distribution engineering needs (load, reliability, revenue, assets, etc.) for near-term and long-range plans, including map development and updates. This is includes monitoring data and identifying if corrective actions are necessary. Develops presentations and performs analysis, including long-range load forecasting.
- Completes data requests pertinent to planning and distribution engineering to meet contractual and compliance reporting requirements with oversight from delivery system planner or supervisor.
- Assist with leading in development of data governance procedures.
- Builds moderate to complex operational system models including extraction and allocation of load. Ensures model accuracy for switching devices, protective devices, loads, DER, conductors, regulators, capacitors and other model components.
- Leads in review of standard operating procedures for model development. Oversees the development of a system model library and modeling warehouse.
- Perform contingency switching analysis in support of operations and/or distribution engineer.
- Supports evaluation on the vendor for and oversees development and implementation of computer software tools for model building.
- Responsible for implementation of procedures and communication tools (database) to coordinate execution of multi-year plan with Transmission Owners (TOs).
- Manages Electric Capital Projects Database. Support development of scope of work documentation for substations and simple line work.
- Manages the structure and format for organizing planning records and documentation.
- Verifies accuracy of the Master Substation List and consistency with other systems or groups (ERP, Power Plant, GIS, CASCADE, OSI, UFLS, PeakMap/MV90, TOs, etc.) and development of standards for governing data.
- Develops relationships with other department peers as appropriate (GIS, Asset Management, IT, etc.). Participates on teams as assigned.
- Performs contingency switching analysis under the guidance of planning engineers.
- Provides support to less experienced planning specialists.
- Bachelors degree with an emphasis in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with computer skills including computer software programs (i.e., e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and project management), database query tools and programming languages (i.e., SQL, VBA), demonstrated understanding on data integration, statistics concepts and regression analysis.
- Working ability to develop applications and perform spatial analysis using ESRI’s ArcGIS products and other related geospatial technologies.
- Knowledge of electric utility operations, maintenance or construction practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate information clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing with colleagues of a similar status, both formally and informally
- Proficient in the creation and delivery of presentations to convey information
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work environment.
Read more here.