At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith’s shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa – Ames
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Part-Time Student-Year-Round Intern-Crop Care Product Engineering-Ames IA – 76219
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company’s regular full-time staff and is forstudents who work in parallel to their school schedule.
- Produces and/or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance for Tillage and Sprayer equipment
- Create design concepts using Creo (Pro/E) CAD software tools
- Develop embedded code in C, C++ and/or MATLAB/Simulink languages and verify it through testing on machines
- Test and develop concepts in lab and field environments through effective team collaboration as well as hands on work with test and prototype equipment
- Effectively communicate and work in a team environment with both direct team members and those in supporting organizations
What You Need
- Pursuing degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer/Software, or Agricultural Engineering from Iowa State University; others may apply
- Must be registered as a full-time student at Iowa State University
- Graduation date of May 2022 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
- May require travel to John Deere Des Moines Works factory
- 10 – 20 hours/week during the academic year
- 40 hours/week during the summer.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Effective communication skills both oral and written
- 3D modeling experience (Creo preferred)
- Programming experience (MATLAB, C++, Python, Visual Basic, Arduino, Raspberry Pi)
What Makes You Stand Out
- Knowledge or work experience in production agriculture
- Experience in product engineering through product design and/or product testing/or software testing
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.