- Software Engineering – You will be part of a team of students working for John Deere Financial (JDF) building scalable applications residing on AWS Cloud architecture for both web based and mobile applications. In this role you will design, create and implement innovative cloud native applications. You will have an opportunity to improve your engineering skills with TDD, CI/CD, Git, Java, Python, React, Node.js and other languages through developing applications and doing daily katas.
What Skills You Need
- Ideally you will be pursuing a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security/Information Assurance, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems; others may apply
- Must be registered as a full-time student at Iowa State University (ISU) or University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)
- Graduation date of May 2025 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Available to work 10-20 hours/weekly during the academic year
- Available to work extended 35-40 hours/weekly during the summer semesters and school breaks
- Must be able to commute to work at the ISU Research Park or the UIUC Research Park
- Exposure to one or more programming languages; Java, NodeJS, Python or scripting like Perl
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Strong analytical, communication and intrapersonal skills
Read more here.