There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa – Ames
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Part-Time Student-Product Engineering-Ames IA – 102296
Onsite/Remote:Partial Remote Position
Note: Relocation assistance is not provided.
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company’s regular full-time staff and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule YEAR-ROUND.
As a Part-Time Student for John Deere Tech Works located in Ames, IA you will…
- Perform basic product design, testing, and/or analysis work for a defined portion of a project
- Operate in an Agile software development team, providing input to design solutions and participating in design reviews
- Develop recommendations within established guidelines; work and decisions are reviewed by technical leads before implementation
This position is NOT available to students on immigration visas.
What Skills You Need
- Ideally you will be pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering; others may apply
- Must be registered as a full-time student at a local (Iowa) accredited university
- Graduation date of December 2024 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Must be able to work 15-20 hours/week during the academic year
- Must be able to work 35-40 hours/week during the summer semester
- Must be able to commute to the work location in Ames, Iowa, on an as-needed basis year-round (NOTE: Relocation assistance is not provided.)
What Makes You Stand Out
- Good interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with C or C++
- Experience with MATLAB or Simulink
NOTE: For Iowa State University Engineering students, this assignment will qualify for an ISU co-op position working 20 hours per week.