Date: May 15, 2022
Location: Ames, Iowa, US, 50010
Company: John Deere
At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith’s shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa – Ames
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Part-Time Student-Product Engineering-Intelligent Solutions Group-Ames IA – 86053
Onsite/Remote: Onsite Position
This position is located onsite at the ISU Research Park (Iowa State University, Ames IA).
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company’s regular full-time staff and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule year-round.
- Learns and applies company engineering policies and practices; learns company products.
- Applies existing applications to routine problems.
- Develops and maintains automated Product Verification and Validation (PV&V) charts and reports across multiple platform teams.
- Compiles and furnishes necessary information to document the automated solutions.
- Operates in an Agile software environment, providing input into PV&V data and metric tracking solutions.
- Develop recommendations within established guidelines; work and decisions are reviewed by technical leads before implementation.
What Skills You Need
- Ideally you will be pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering; others may apply
- Must be registered as a full-time student at a local accredited university
- Graduation date of May 2023 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Work 16-20 hours/week during the academic year
- Work 35-40 hours/week during the summer semester
- Must be able to commute to the work location as needed
What Makes You Stand Out
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
NOTE: For ISU students, this assignment will qualify for ISU course credit as a co-op/internship position working 20 hours per week.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.