Company: John Deere
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: Vereinigte Staaten (US) – Iowa – Ankeny
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Part-Time Student-Product Engineering-Ames IA – 68312
- Creates product design concepts using Creo (Pro/E) CAD software tools to improve cost, quality and performance for Tillage and Application (Sprayer) equipment.
- Test designs in the lab, field, or virtual environments as well as perform hands on work with the test equipment.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate in a team environment with both direct team members and those in supporting organizations.
- Pursuing degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer/Software, or Agricultural Engineering; others may apply
- Must be registered as a full-time student at Iowa State University
- Graduation date of May 2022 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
- 10 – 20 hours/week during the academic year.
- 40 hours/week during the summer semester.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Effective communication skills both oral and written
- 3D modeling experience (Creo preferred)
- Programming experience (MATLAB, C++, Python, Visual Basic, Arduino, Raspberry Pi)
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and other standard computer software applications
- Knowledge or work experience in production agriculture
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Agricultural, Intern, Engineer, Electrical, CAD, Agriculture, Entry Level, Engineering
View page here