At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith’s shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa – Ames
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Part-Time Student-Product Engineer-Ames IA – 86227
Onsite/Remote: Onsite Position
This position is located onsite at the ISU Research Park (Iowa State University, Ames IA).
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company’s regular full-time staff and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule YEAR-ROUND.
As a Part-Time Student in Product Engineering for John Deere Ottumwa Works located in Ottumwa, Iowa, you will:
- Work as a member of the large square baler team to support future technology advancement.
- Have the opportunity to learn and collaborate with research at the ISU facility
This will include:
- New system development (next generation sensor investigations) of balers
- Data analysis (visualization and processing) of balers
What Skills You Need
- Ideally you will be pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering; others may apply
- Must be registered as a full-time student at a local accredited university
- Graduation date of December 2022 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Work 16-20 hours/week during the academic year
- Work 35-40 hours/week during the summer semester
- Must be able to commute to the work location on a regular basis
- Able to travel occasionally to the factory or field test sites as needed
- Strong electrical aptitude
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Programing experience (MATLAB, Python, C++)
- Basic electrical theory
What Makes You Stand Out
- Hay & forage equipment experience
- 3D modeling experience (Creo preferred)
- Experience with design and creation of electrical harnesses
For more information click here.