There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa – Ames
Function: Information Technology
Title: Part-Time Student-Order Management Software Engineer-Ames IA – 102129
Onsite/Remote:Partial Remote Position
Note: Relocation assistance is not provided.
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company’s regular full-time staff and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule YEAR-ROUND.
As a Part-Time Student-Order Management Software Engineer located in Ames, IA, you will…
- Be part of a team of students working for John Deere’s Order Management building scalable applications residing on AWS Cloud architecture for both web based and mobile applications
- Design, create, and implement innovative applications
- Have an opportunity to improve your engineering skills with TDD, CI/CD, Git, Java, React, Node.js and other languages through developing applications
This position is not available to students on immigration visas.
What Skills You Need
- Ideally you will be pursuing a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Management Information Systems; others may apply
- Must be registered as a full-time student at Iowa State University
- Graduation date of May 2025 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Available to work during the academic year 10-20 hours/weekly
- Available to work during the summer semester 35-40 hours/weekly
- Must be able to commute to the work location at ISU Research Park (on the bus route) a minimum of 3 days weekly year-round or other flexible work arrangement with manager approval
- Exposure to one or more programming languages; Java, NodeJS, Python or scripting like Perl
What Makes You Stand Out
- Exposure to continuous integration and continuous deployment concepts
- Exposure to TDD practices
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Background in networking, infrastructure, general cloud exposure, and experience with security concepts
- Exposure to cloud concepts and AWS/Azure services
NOTE: For Iowa State University Engineering students, this assignment will qualify for an ISU co-op position working 20 hours per week.