There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: Vereinigte Staaten (US) – Iowa – Johnston
Function: Information Technology
Title: Part-Time Student-IT-ISU Research Park, Ames IA – 68299
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company’s regular full-tme staff and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule.
John Deere Financial has an office at the Ames ISU Research Park with part-time student positions available starting in December 2020.
- Software Engineering – You will be part of a team of students working for John Deere Financial building scalable applications residing on AWS Cloud architecture for both web based and mobile applications. In this role you will design, create and implement innovative cloud native applications. You will have an opportunity to improve your engineering skills with TDD, CI/CD, Git, Java, Python, React, Node.js and other languages through developing applications and doing daily katas.
- Ideally you will be pursuing a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security/Information Assurance, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems; others may apply
- Must be registered as a full-time student at Iowa State University
- Must be able to commute to the work location at the ISU Research Park (on the bus route)
- Graduation date May 2022 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- 10-20 hours/week during the academic year
- 35-40 hours/week during the summer semester
- Exposure to one or more programming languages; Java, NodeJS, Python or scripting like Perl
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Strong analytical, communication and intrapersonal skills
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Intern, Engineer, Information Systems, Computer Science, Database, Entry Level, Engineering, Technology
View page here