Date: Jul 1, 2021
Location: Ames, Iowa, US, 61265-8098
Company: John Deere
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa – Ames
Function: Information Technology
Title: Part-Time Student-Cyber-Ames IA – 74672
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company’s regular full-me staff and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule.
As a Part-Time Student – Cyber located in Ames, Iowa, you will:
- Cloud Security Engineering – Enterprise Cloud Security Team – Create, implement, and manage security controls and guardrails in our AWS and Azure cloud environments.
- Vulnerability Management Team – Find, investigate, and remediate vulnerabilities across the enterprise.
- 10 – 20 hours/week during the academic year.
- Extended hours available – 35 – 40 hours/week during the summer semesters and school breaks.
What Skills You Need
- Ideally, you will be pursuing a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security/Information Assurance, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems
- Exposure to one or more programming languages; Python, Java, NodeJS, or scripting like Perl
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Strong analytical, communication and intrapersonal skills
- Must be registered as a full-time student at Iowa State University
- Must be able to commute to work at the ISU Research Park (on the bus route)
- Graduation date of December 2022 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
What Makes You Stand Out
- Participation in ISU Cyber Defense Competitions or other competitions
- Background in networking, infrastructure, general cloud exposure, and experience with security concepts
- Exposure to cloud concepts and AWS/Azure services
- Knowledge of security concepts: vulnerabilities, ethical hacking, secure design
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.