Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a “Safety First, Quality Always” mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant connected to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
The Operations Technician position is available at our Animal Health facility in Ames, Iowa. The Ames facility is expanding operations to manufacture vaccines for large and companion animals. The site leverages its dynamic, innovative team and a novel technology platform for the production of RNA-based vaccines.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform entry-level laboratory procedures and assist others in more advanced procedures for the production of veterinary biologicals according to strict government and company-imposed guidelines. Assist in all areas of the production of RNA (RP) Particle Vaccine products manufactured in a USDA licensed facility.
Work activities include but are not limited to:
- Final serial formulation and fill
- Maintains production records according to regulations
- Utilization of volumetric aseptic techniques
- Production of RP products for USDA licensure
- Maintenance of Vero cell line and related cell culture activities
- Assist with electroporation process
- Assist with RP harvest and formulation
- Make growth media
- Updates training record as needed
- Restock lab with supplies
- Perform other duties as needed
- High School diploma with 2 years relevant work experience – OR – Associates Degree in Biology, Microbiology, or related science
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Good documentation practices
- Good mathematical abilities
- Familiar with laboratory procedures
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience working in a manufacturing setting preferred but not required
- Experience in cell culture and laboratory technique preferred but not required
- Experience following approved protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Invent. Impact. Inspire.
If interested contact: