New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Our Sales team support our customers by providing clinical information about products, educational information, clinical training programs and resources. We support healthcare providers and healthcare systems meet the goals of the patients in their communities.
Our company’s Oncology organization is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. At our company, our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe
The Customer Team Leader (CTL) plays a critical role in establishing our company’s customer focused initiative.
- This district covers Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota, Iowa, and Nebraska.
- The selected candidate must reside within the district.
- Travel % depends on the candidate’s location within the district.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Leading and managing Customer Representatives in identifying customer needs.
- Coaching representatives, overseeing training, and completing people management processes for Customer Representatives and effectively developing and resourcing his/her customer team to address customer needs.
The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following behaviors and attitudes:
- Strong leadership skills with experience leading teams through change and new challenges by applying situational coaching skills and using emotional intelligence.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in and leading a team through ambiguity and the capacity to see ‘what can be’ for this new organization.
- Communicate with courage and candor as we evolve our engagement model for this customer segment.
- Customer-centric mindset and the skills needed to listen to customers and understand their objectives and overall relationship with our broader organization.
- Leads by example by modeling flexibility, candor, and a willingness to respond during times of change while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated account planning and management skills and strong collaboration with extended teams toward common goals.
- Required: BA/BS Degree plus 6-8 years of sales experience or a high school diploma with 10+ years of the following equivalent experience, with at least 4 years in pharmaceutical, biotech or healthcare industries preferred.
- Equivalent experience can be: professional sales experience, work experience in the healthcare/scientific field (including pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical devices) that is not sales related, professional marketing experience, or military experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able and willing to travel within the assigned sales district.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Preferred: MBA/MS Degree.
- Oncology field sales management experience.
- Minimum of (3) years experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, or managed care organizations
- Minimum of (2) years experience working in Marketing, Managed Care, or Sales support areas within the Pharmaceutical industry
- Previous Field Sales Management experience, including Oncology experience.
- Experience working in Marketing or Basic Research
- Experience selling in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech & Medical Device Industry
- Capable of establishing relationships and networks within a customer organization.
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.