Job Reference Number: QSUS2019JB297
Location: Ames, IA
Join the QualySense journey
QualySense, a young Swiss company, is reinventing the global soft commodity market by pioneering the proprietary QSorter® technology, a sophisticated high-speed single-kernel robot, which measures the compositional and physical quality of each grain and sorts it accordingly. The QSorter is the result of outstanding R&D in the field of sensing, mechatronics, biochemistry, data processing and life science along with world-known partners such as the United States Department of Agriculture, EMPA, Agroscope, and the Swiss Federal Polytechnic ETH. The QSorter analyzes grains at very high speed by means of Near Infrared spectroscopy and 2D/3D imaging. The company, founded in 2010, has been awarded a number of prestigious prizes. We commit to bringing excellence in nutrition, health and safety to people all over the world and we are looking for talents that can help us achieve our mission. (Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF8exqmmsl8).
Our company is currently expanding in the US and we are currently seeking a NIR (Near-Infrared) specialist that can take up responsibilities in the area of evaluation, development and implementation of on-line/in-line/at-line methods for the analysis and identification of properties of seeds, kernels and beans of agricultural commodities to be processed by our QSorter® platforms.
In this position you will be responsible to work on challenging assignments helping our local customers solving a vast variety of problems related to the quality, traceability and consistency of raw materials along the entire value chain from farm to fork.
We are seeking a fast-thinker able to build bridges between the customer requirements and technical solutions in areas such as agronomy, Near-IR and chemometric techniques. We are looking for candidates with experience in development and validation of calibration curves and statistical models applied to life-science research.
The NIR Specialist we are looking for is someone that has passion for quality, an unparallel level of abstract thinking, focused on efficiency and performance, very well organized and structured and – last but not least – thrilled by working in an environment characterized by a strong acceleration in business development.
If you are seeking a new challenge, come join our team and make it stellar!
Role & Responsibilities
▪ Design and develop calibration and classification curves to run on our analytical and sorting
platform, the QSorter®
▪ Definition of Design of Experiment, data acquisition, data curation and performance validation
▪ Provide support for troubleshooting of analytical methods and out-of-specification investigations
▪ Train customers and internal staff on principle of calibration and device performance
▪ Documentation of scientific results and performance of analytical methods
▪ Interaction with the development teams in the Headquarter for the implementation of advanced
analytical methods and exchange of ideas
▪ Co-development of internal and customer tools to enhance the customer experience and
improve the time-to-market of our Life-Science Applications
▪ Preparation of documentation for patent application is strategic areas of research and
Your Climbing Kit
▪ Master’s degree in chemistry or related scientific field such as Food Science, Environmental or
Agricultural Science, Mathematics or Biology
▪ 3+ years of experience in analytical laboratories or research departments in food, consumer
product, seed or pharmaceutical industry
▪ Experience in calibration development using chemometric software and routine
▪ Method development in a laboratory setting
▪ Strong ability and knowledge of Statistics and Statistical Methods and Process Control tools
▪ Technical knowledge of underlying principles of analytical chemistry and test methods
▪ Working knowledge and practical experience with Good Laboratory Practices (GPL), General
laboratory practices and instrumentation
▪ Knowledgeable in NIR operation software
▪ Languages: fluent with Matlab, knowledge of Python, and R
▪ General computer skills (i.e. MS Word, Excel, emails)
▪ Strong customer focus and willingness to deliver practical and high-quality solutions
▪ Ability to make decisions and communicate effectively while under pressure
▪ High learning aptitude
▪ Uncommon enthusiasm and drive for results and teamwork
▪ Fluent English (written and spoken)
▪ Possibility to help shaping the company culture and making QualySense an international success
story. Our story!
▪ Be part of a multidisciplinary, multicultural, highly-motivated and committed team
▪ Opportunity to see a direct impact of your work on our products, customers and industry
▪ Direct work and interaction with all employees and the executive team of the company
▪ A market competitive salary plus bonus incentives for individual and team achievements
▪ Opportunity to learn and educate yourself by interacting with our experts from different fields or
by attending courses which you are highly encouraged to propose
▪ A chance to contribute your ideas and exchange feedback in an open minded and supportive
If you feel attracted by the challenge and you meet the requirements, Mr. Riccardo Tediosi would be
happy to review your application. It must be written in English and sent to email@example.com in
a PDF format, mentioning the job reference number on top of this page. Incomplete applications will not