- Collaborates on less complex processes, technical documentation and other customer deliverables; escalates issues to leadership team.
- Own level-appropriate customer requests and issues, seeing them through to resolution.
- Escalate support requests to next level engineers and other support teams according to escalation procedures.
- Works with team to resolve issues and escalations by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure.
- Identifies short-term and long-range issues and customer concerns to improve Wdesk security.
- Provides input into the prioritization, coordination, communication, and fulfillment of Infrastructure changes and updates that will effect usability and performance for customers.
- Suggest improvements for physical and virtual system hardware, network, capacity and scalability to leadership and customers in relation to the performance of the Wdesk Platform on their local infrastructures.
- Collaborates on the execution of processes and procedures to ensure new systems and processes introduced into the environment meet established standards.
- Manages relationships with IT security, Infrastructure, and Development.
- Maintains and communicates awareness to various organizations of new challenges, concerns, and vulnerabilities that have come to light via industry channels or customers.
What You’ll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field
- A computer-related degree and/or network certifications preferred
- 2+ Years of networking and information security experience required
- Experience with enterprise level network design, administration and architecture
- Experience with common networking devices such as firewalls, switches, and fabric interconnects. Commonly used brands include Cisco, SonicWall, and Palo Alto preferred
- Prior knowledge and understanding of common information security management frameworks such as HITRUST, ISO,IEC27001, ITIL, COBIT and ones from NIST preferred
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Compliance experience particularly in vendor management
- Knowledge of security frameworks
- Fundamental understanding of communication (mainly TCP/IP and Websockets) and routing protocols, network diagnostic tools, and access control models
- Fundamental understanding of network operating systems (JUNOS, Cisco IOS)
- Fundamental understanding of SSL Traffic and PKI
- Experience remotely troubleshooting customer networks and environments
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to influence within team
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Technical capacity – attention to detail
- Time management
- Personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Apply curiosity for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Business acumen
- Sense of customer service and proven ability to meet established timelines
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Customer service and communication skills
- Planning, organizing, detail, and multi-tasking skills to prioritize numerous projects and meet deadlines
- Minimal travel
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $113,000 – $142,000
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Monthly Phone Stipend
- 401(k) Match
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.