McFarland Clinic is currently accepting applications for MLT/MT/MLS for its Ames office. Candidates should be service-oriented, a team player, and be able to provide extraordinary care, every day to our patients.
Responsibilities include: obtain and processes blood, urine and other specimens. Performs routine and advanced laboratory procedures. Performs quality control, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting procedures. Uses the clinic information system and the laboratory information system in an appropriate manner. Performs and reviews quality control in assigned work areas. Assist in orientation of new employees. Assists in maintaining lab supply inventory. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as required. Performs related work as required.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Medical/Clinical Lab Science from an accredited college or institution.
- Successful completion of a recognized course of study in MLT/MLS/CLS.
- Certification in MT/MLS (ASCP) or certification in MLT (ASCP) and/or eligibility for certification in MT/MLS (ASCP)
- Certification or eligibility for certification as MT (ASCP), CLS (NCA) or equivalent.
- Current Basic Life Support certification for Health Care Providers.
- Mandatory Reporter of Dependent Adult and Child Abuse.
Days: Monday – Friday.
Hours: 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- 1 year clinical laboratory experience preferred.
McFarland Clinic offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), and PTO. Click here for details.
McFarland Clinic is central Iowa’s largest physician-owned multi-specialty clinic. Join our team and join a group of caring professionals, dedicated to providing Extraordinary Care, Every Day! We value quality care and extraordinary service, trusting relationships and an exceptional workplace. Our organization has more than 75 years experience of caring for people. We welcome applicants who can help us enhance the health and well-being of our patients and communities we serve.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. McFarland Clinic takes affirmative action in support of it policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.