An internship working on assisting in initiating and managing continuous improvement projects within the Manufacturing, Warehouse, and Shipping departments. This position includes collecting data and documenting current production processes using tools such as process charts or value stream maps. Interns will be challenged with designing and updating workspace layouts for increased productivity.
The Right Person Will
- Contribute and thrive in a cross-functional team environment
- Commit to bringing their best every day
- Delight in problem-solving no matter the problem
- Give and receive constructive feedback to others
- Ability to run performance tests using electronic tools and software.
- Work with Engineers to troubleshoot and improve deficiencies in designs.
- Troubleshoot electronic systems with a sense of curiosity when issues or unexpected results occur.
- Document results and communicate concerns with other team members.
ManagerPreferred Elements: Project management skills relating to a manufacturing environment. Experience using M.R.P. or P.L.M. software systems.
Minimum Education Required: High school diploma and partial completion of coursework towards a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited academic institution in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering.
Minimum Experience Required: Two years of coursework completed or one year of experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
Specific Skill Requirements: Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively with technical as well as non-technical employees. Ability to read and write technical reports and work instructions. Problem-solving through logical analysis and creative thinking. Ability to use basic hand and power tools. Proficiency in using computers with a Windows platform.