Full Job Description
PowerFilm Solar is seeking manufacturing production assembly workers. These positions are full-time with generous benefits! Pick your start time! Start anytime between 6:00 am and 8:00 am. Choose between working 4 10-hr shifts, or 5 8-hr shifts. Occasional overtime may be required.
What you’ll do:
- Read work orders, follow production drawings and sample assemblies, or follow verbal instructions to complete duties.
- Work at different work stations as assigned.
- Position and align parts in specified relationship to each other according to a diagram, sample, or verbal instructions.
- Crimp, screw, rivet, grommet, solder, cement, or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
- Connect component lead wires to printed circuits or PC boards and connect wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
- Perform intermediate assembly tasks, such as potting, encapsulating, cleaning, etching, and color coding parts and assemblies.
- Operate machines that press, laminate, cut, or test component parts. Perform day to day maintenance on production assembly machines.
- Adjust or trim materials from components to achieve specified dimensional characteristics.
- Perform pass-fail testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Other assigned duties.
What you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong attention to detail with an eye for accuracy and producing a quality product.
- Manual dexterity and coordination to use arms, hands, wrists and fingers repeatedly while grasping small or large objects, parts and tools.
- Dependability and reliability
- Good, positive attitude and and the flexibility to work independently and as a team