The Maintenance Technician uses a vast array of technical skills to provide a safe, efficient and comfortable working environment for employees and guests across the Workiva campus. This position helps ensure the facilities are running optimally by collaborating with the Facilities Manager, team leads, and staff employees by assessing their needs and supporting maintenance projects. Key duties for this position include building inspections, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and repairs as related to the area of carpentry, electric, HVAC, and plumbing.
Facilities Maintenance: Assists in supporting all Ames facility teams and performing various building maintenance tasks
- Inspects buildings and other structures across multiple buildings to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repairs
- Troubleshoots maintenance problems in the areas of carpentry, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance tasks in the areas of carpentry, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and painting
- Repairs and replaces building fixtures and equipment such as lighting, doors, and exercise equipment
- Supports Facility Manager with other duties as necessary
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Ability to follow safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Skilled in using hand and power tools
- Skilled in troubleshooting equipment
- Good verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- 2-4 years experience related to building maintenance and repair; prefer experience maintaining building systems in 50,000 square feet or more
- Experience with a variety of building maintenance procedures and techniques
- Minimal travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Must be available for on-call services to address alarms and other emergencies and be able be on-site within 30 minutes to respond to such calls
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
- This job requires in-person work at a Workiva office site. Workiva has mandated that all employees who perform their jobs onsite be vaccinated against COVID-19. We are required to consider requests for exemptions based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.