Cedar Rapids, IA
Talent Gateway Posting Details
Logistics Park Cedar Rapids, part of the Travero Brand, a wholly owned subsidiary of Alliant Energy. Travero is developing the region’s largest rail-served logistics park in Logistics Park Cedar Rapids in southwest Cedar Rapids, IA. LPCR will offer services that allow shippers to capture the benefits of rails’ economies of scale over long distances with the convenience of “last-mile” truck delivery. Travero’s focus centers on giving customers a one-stop shop for customized supply chain solutions via our portfolio of transportation and logistics firms.
What sets us apart?
- Excellent pay and benefits!
- A dedication to career growth and development.
- A culture that embraces our core values of live safety, do the right thing, care for others, make things better, act for tomorrow, and think beyond – be bold.
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on our local communities.
Logistics Park Cedar Rapids is currently seeking a Logistics Specialist to join our team in FairFax, IA.
The Logistics Specialist will be responsible for Travero Logistics’ fulfillment of client shipment services for all assigned external Travero Logistics clients, assigned Travero companies, and other projects. Responsibilities will include the procurement and negotiation of those services with motor carriers and managing all transportation functions to ensure accurate and timely delivery of product in the most efficient and cost-effective manner, all while providing excellent customer service. As a Logistics Specialist you will also collaborate with the Travero team, management team and teammates on coverage needs for all assigned clients. Utilize 3G (TMS), Travero Logistics data, Synapse (WMS) as needed, and additional industry resources when determining spot quotes to clients and negotiating with carriers. Maintain process and data integrity during the fulfillment execution process within the Transportation Management System (TMS) and client platforms.
- This position is a non-bargaining position and requires a resume.
- This position has been posted internally and externally.
These accountabilities are not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities and does not limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees assigned to this job.
- Solicits, quotes, arranges, schedules and procures motor carrier capacity for client shipments, to ensure on time pickup and delivery needs are met. Provides exceptional service by developing good working relations with clients and carriers.
- If assigned to support Travero companies, collaborates with Logistics Park Cedar Rapids, CRANDIC, Logistics Park Dubuque and other Travero entities to develop Travero Logistics pricing and services. Objective is to improve the clients’ experience by aligning services across Travero entities.
- Develops and maintains relationships with motor carriers that will provide repeat capacity for Travero shipments. Manages relationships with clients and motor carriers, while negotiating services and pricing under the guidance of the management team.
- Ensures that each client shipment offered to Travero is entered into the Transportation Management System and respond to each opportunity within the clients’ expectations.
- Utilizes 3G (TMS), Travero Logistics data, Synapse (WMS) as needed, and industry resources during the cost analysis and shipment quoting process.
- Meets Key Performance Indicators, including daily load volume, revenue, margin, quote conversion and on-time service.
- Provides timely updating of shipment information within the Transportation Management System (TMS) while maintaining data integrity. Communicates information in a timely and accurate manner to both internal and external points of contact.
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform this job.
- 3 years of customer service or sales experience, within an office environment.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 year of Warehouse Management System (WMS) or Transportation Management System (TMS) experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Performs job duties with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work on a team environment while maintaining an individual workload.
- Extremely organized and solid attention to detail.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Computer skills: Keyboarding, MS Office, Internet, Maps.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Our Values: How We Work
Live Safety. Everyone. Always | Make Things Better | Care For Others | Do The Right Thing | Act For Tomorrow | Think Beyond. Be Bold
Logistics Park Cedar Rapids is committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this dedication, Logistics Park Cedar Rapids works to ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to preform key job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the HR Service Center at (608) 458-8458.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Learn More Here