Summary: Seasoned Logistics Manager needed immediately
Design, build, implement and manage all aspects of the business’ logistics functions to control, deliver, and distribute products and materials to the destinations. This position will implement an overall Logistics Management Strategy to include metrics and documented processes to foster an optimized logistic operation and network. Responsible for overseeing critical and related inventory, distribution, and transportation operations that support and achieve business unit KPI’s and Organizational goals. Additionally, this role will ensure compliance with all governing transportation regulations, build/manage vendor relationships, and be responsible for project/business milestones revolving around logistics.
Oversized load and de-centralized distribution experience is a must. Must also have transportation expertise to facilitate bid strategy, competitive bidding process, reviewing bid options with internal stakeholders, initiating purchase order(s) according to bid award decisions, coordinating releases to physical receivers, and storing POD/MTR in document library for job books.
- Participate in weekly planning meetings with project teams
- Manage quote and competitive bidding process according to procurement policy
- Coordinate material and equipment on-time delivery between vendor and physical receiving location
- Facilitate resolution of proof of delivery discrepancies between vendor and physical receiving location
- Process returns to vendor transactions
- Vendor logistics and coordination
- 8+ years commodity transportation experience
- Proficiency with Excel and ERP systems
- Proven analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate with engineers, project managers, construction managers, inspectors and field operations to understand specification and delivery requirements while working in an office setting
Read more here.