The Legal Assistant is responsible for providing diverse administrative support to the legal team and contributing to the team effort in meeting the department’s and company’s goals and objectives for effective operations. Key job responsibilities include managing the legal requests and queue tickets and providing administrative support to the Legal team.
- Manages incoming requests through a queue process
- Acts as the first responder for contract inquiries to ensure accuracy between the team’s records and internal records
- Analyzes incoming requests to determine the type and edits the queue ticket appropriately
- Assigns to the appropriate party
- Processes signed contracts by collecting, dating, and having contracts counter-executed
- Processes contracts, sends back to the representative, and posts to the team database
- Assists in the execution of projects and audits as assigned by the manager
- Arranges for the mailing of various documents as needed
- Monitors the legal phone line by taking messages and checking the voicemail on a weekly basis
- Provides administrative support to the Legal team
- Performs general office administrative duties to support the day-to-day efficient operation of the department
What You’ll Need
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Effective problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding organizational, planning, project management and time management skills
- 1+ year experience in an administrative support position in a business setting preferred
- Experience in a high-growth, fast-changing work environment preferred
- Experience with standard office equipment and software packages, including cloud-based software applications, spreadsheet and word processing programs required
- Experience coordinating travel and in planning and executing corporate events a plus
- Minimal travel
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: www.linkedin.com/showcase/workiva-life-and-careers/
Learn more about the company: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.