- Operate as a project lead within the team to manage support and technical support related projects
- Point of contact (POC) for Executive escalations and most enterprise escalations to provide consultative direction and support in the resolution and communication of cases before moving to product or technical engineering teams
- Support highest level, executive, and enterprise customers by providing technical and functional expertise over the phone, chat, case management and in customer meetings
- Elevate rapport with clients through technical consulting support and escalation where necessary
- Operate within the networking, infrastructure, or other technical troubleshooting domain bodies of knowledge
- Lead incident management support across the technical support function
- Represent the technical support team in the representation and resolution of opportunities with product engineering to ensure quality communications between teams and prioritization of critical product needs
- Assess and operationalize where appropriate the proposed ideas or workflows being introduced into case management
- Build and analyze support data to make recommendations for operational improvements to the support organization
- Lead team in delivering outstanding technical customer support while using metrics to continuously elevate processes and methods for delivering results
- Represent technical support team in functional product meetings or projects which align with aligned support model
- As POC for technical support, work with Customer Success, Professional Services, and all tiers of support to solve problems or identify opportunities
- As POC for technical support, work directly with escalation points in Customer Success to engage with Engineering/Development and Product Management
- Using agile and lean principles, facilitate ticket review for technical support team – making suggestions on improvements areas of opportunity
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 6+ years experience in a support/service role for a financial services company or technical support organization
- Previous experience in one of the following fields is preferred: accounting and finance, SaaS Software Support, database end user support, System and/or network administration.
- Experience working with product management or product development in a software company
- Experience with technical systems such as Splunk, Jira, Confluence, AWS Services, or Zendesk required
- Intermediate to advanced experience with one or more of the following technologies required:
- Database technologies, e.g.:
- Microsoft SQL, Oracle SQL, PostgresSQL, RedShift
- Programming interfaces and API technologies e.g.:
- Restful API, SOAP, WSDL and OpenAPI spec
- Including a basic understanding of XML/JSON and their structures
- Script languages e.g.:
- Python, Java, Node .js, PowerShell, .BAT/Shell, Perl
- Ability to multitask and manage the changing priorities and customer requirements of a support role
- Proven aptitude in developing, modifying and testing processes to drive efficiencies and expected outcomes
- Aptitude and proven ability to achieve proficiency within multiple products or technologies – specifically around database administration and query languages, network administration/security, or development coding languages.
- Consistently follows protocol and can be trusted with elevated account level permissions and access
- Self-motivated and accountable to results – ability to train others to demonstrate these same characteristics
- Proven ability to meet established timelines and service level agreements
- Demonstrates strong sense of customer service with ability to identify customer needs and expectations and respond in a timely and effective manner
- Ability to interpret system logs and system reports and can work with engineering/operations to build new tools and reports to improve troubleshooting
- Up to 10% travel
- Varying and overtime hours required during peak seasons
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.