At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us’ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is looking for an Lead Application Developer, driven by innovation and a desire to make a difference. We are seeking clever, dedicated developers who enjoy what they do, like working with teams, and searching for new ideas; someone who can appropriately apply technology to solve problems and provide services to our clients.
Duties include working in a professional environment with a national team of developers, geospatial analysts, engineers, scientists, business analysts, and planners. The ability to effectively lead and participate in remote teams with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, both technical and non-technical, is required. Successful candidates will be able to lead development projects, plan and design solutions, develop database schemas and analysis methods needed to support project goals. Our projects include solutions for desktop, web, and mobile
- Communication. Ability to share your ideas and work with other developers in a collaborative environment
- Problem solving. Knowing how to make a task easier, more maintainable and stable
- Curiosity. Knowing what’s on the horizon in web and mobile development and when to use it
- Adaptability. Able to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies
- Ability to manage a complex range of tasks and meet deadlines
- Understanding and application of the agile development lifecycle
- Bachelor’s in computer science, Geography, Geospatial Science, Planning, Environmental Sciences, or relevant field;
- 4 years practical web & application development experience;
- GIS development experience desired but not required; and
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
Preferred Qualifications – experience with a few of the following is a plus:
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in software development;
- Experience with agile development practices through Jira;
- .NET Full stack experience;
- Responsive web design and UI frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Experience with server-side technologies (.NET, NodeJS, etc.);
- RESTful web services;
- Cloud computing;
- Unit testing and continuous integration and deployment
- Esri (ArcGIS Server/Enterprise (10.6+), Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online
- Development and Management
- Publishing web or feature services
- Creating SDE enabled databases
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.