The L&D Sales Enablement and Manager Effectiveness Lead reports to the Head of Global AH Learning and Development. S/he will be responsible for serving as a trusted advisor to sales leaders in Animal Health to accelerate the development of critical sales capabilities and manager effectiveness in support of our global sales model. The model provides a global harmonized approach and delivers resources to support sales teams to further customer engagement capabilities. This leader will ensure the sales model is deployed across our commercial regions, will lead a team that supports in-market L&D teams to drive skills and capabilities in support of sales, account and key account capabilities as well as driving manager effectiveness through a standardized coach the coach process and certification.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting training materials the help sales leaders drive business growth and create a high-performing organizational culture. The candidate and the their team will create harmonized training materials to support in-market L&D teams who in turn will support local managers and sales teams with world-class sales enablement programs. S/he will continuously maintain an understanding of key business priorities and processes and partner with key stakeholders to identify performance needs and gaps. This professional will build and maintain strategic business relationships and provide expertise to an integrated global and local learning network.
Duties, Responsibilities and Success
The candidate will:
- Manage the sales enablement vendor relationship and ensure the deliverables are on track and contractual agreements are being met.
- Manage sales enablement team to drive sales training materials through all stages of delivery.
- Plan, collaborate, design and deliver training materials, workshops and resources to in-market L&D teams and manage training effectives and metrics of sales programs.
- Ensure team delivers sustainment resources to keep the sales training relevant throughout the various stages of delivery and sustainment across the regions. Manage sales training and product launch excellence team member to ensure all sales training materials meet the needs of in-market sales teams.
- Ensures that sales training and product launch excellence team member works with marketing teams to create launch materials aligned to the sales training model.
- Manage the Account Management team member to ensure connectivity and continuity of resources. These materials will support capability building for in-market account management or KAM sales representatives.
- Ensure that materials are translated, engage vendor to ensure facilitators are available for global audience support and delivery.
- Partner with the Global MAXX team to ensure that the sales model is embedded in the CRM.
- Partner closely with Operations and Learner Experience team to report key metrics and KPI’s and ensure we’re delivering with the Learner Experience in mind. The leader will manage sales leader relationships and support in-market L&D teams who support sales enablement and customer engagement.
- Lead Manager Effectiveness and Coach the Coach engagements and certification harmonization process to support in-market L&D teams
- Ensure Sales Managers have the resources needed to deliver on the sales model and work with in-market L&D teams to understand needs, requirements and provide updated resources.
Critical Skills, Capabilities & Experience
- Leadership: Must have previous people management experience and demonstrated skill in their ability to lead by example and foster collaborative relationships in a matrix environment.
- Influencing: Ability to partner, collaborate, and impact decisions at all levels within the organization.
- Creative Thinking: Demonstrated skill in applying tools and techniques for grasping new concepts, acquiring new ways of seeing things, and revising ways of thinking and patterns of behavior.
- Oral and Written Communications: Ability to express oneself to provide information to others effectively and in a succinct manner; good verbal, written, and executive level presentation abilities and interpersonal skills; ability to ask thoughtful questions to gain insights, listen, and understand other perspectives.
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking: Ability to use a broad range of methods, assumptions, frameworks, and perspectives when solving problems and making decisions.
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic: Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1–2 years), and strategic (3-4 years) planning in support of the business plan.
- Learning Needs Analysis: Experience in assessing competency gaps and identifying what people need to learn for successful individual and organizational performance.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred 5+ years of people management, leadership and high potential development experience, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 5+ years of experience of sales/account management to support driving customer engagement strategies to best align resources to meet sales activities and impact revenue goals.
- Ability to engage with sales leaders regarding sales strategy, goals, and business outcomes that drive customer engagement relationships. Able to function in an ambiguous environment with strong project management skills
- Experience implementing end-to-end learning strategies in a large, growing, and complex business.
- Deep knowledge of sales and leadership best practices as well as the latest research and emerging trends regarding highly effective sales leaders.