As a Land Fund Intern at Summit Agricultural Group, you will be exposed to multiple aspects of fund management, specifically asset acquisition, sale, and farm management within our extensive scope of agri-businesses. The position is responsible for managing projects and completing tasks in an accurate and timely manner. The position will be based at our Alden, Iowa headquarters.
Summit’s internship program is tailored to give you a unique experience while allowing you to grow in your area of study. You’ll be expected to work hard and think with an
“entrepreneurial spirit” in order to contribute your ideas for improving Summit’s businesses. While you will report to the Ag Fund Manager, your overall experience will be overseen by our Internship Program Coordinator, who will help to ensure a successful internship experience for you. At the end of the summer, you will be asked to present a comprehensive presentation to Summit’s management team outlining the experiences, results and accomplishments you experienced during your time in the program.
Within Summit Agricultural Group’s paid internship program there will be opportunities to explore other departments, grow your professional network, engage in multiple lunch and learns and after work events!
- Assist in sourcing agricultural real estate investment opportunities in the Midwest. This position will include a significant amount of interaction with farmers, real estate brokers, lenders and appraisers
- Assist in the procurement of creditworthy tenants to cash-rent the land. This will require credit analysis and review
- Assist in developing expertise in local markets; identify trends and opportunities; and make recommendation on exit timing and strategies
- Develop farm management expertise and assist in growing the farm management portfolio of Summit Ag Management
- Maintain accurate and timely farm management records to improve performance and productivity
- Take a leadership role in special projects related to farm analysis and valuation
- Sophomore or above studying agricultural business, agricultural studies, or a related degree
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment
- High level of interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint