Siemens Digital Industries Software is looking for an innovative and creative Knowledge Manager to be an active contributor to our product and customer support strategy. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for managing the continual development, deployment and strategic vision of the Nastran, Simcenter 3D, Femap, and NX CAE knowledge base within the internal customer database and the external facing Support Center website. The role will include assisting in promoting the use of Support Center, Community & Blog pages, maintaining their relevance, and developing intelligence reports and analysis of article use etc. for provision to senior management. Key areas of analysis include identification of popular articles, support call deflection rates, and related information.
Responsibilities and qualifications include but are not limited to the following:
- Management of the knowledge base within internal customer database and the Support Center website including:
- Maintenance and updating of existing articles (liaison with existing authors)
- Creation of comprehensive tagging system for articles
- Creation of exciting new articles (liaison with engineering and development teams)
- Ensuring articles have consistent appearance and tone through development of new templates and detailed specifications
- Work with other team members to ensure new articles regularly appear on Support Center
- Deploy more advanced search capabilities using keywords/tags
- Identify and help prioritize innovative knowledge base articles (video, etc.)
- Run regular reports to determine article use and popularity
- Ensure customer questions, expectations are addressed on community pages
- Be cognizant of competitive knowledge base systems and general customer portals for identification of new delivery techniques etc.
- Promote the use of the Knowledge base to internal and external customers through contact with marketing and sales teams
- Communicate your passion for engineering education through creative technical writing
- Experience in support of customer engineering functions using Finite Element Analysis.
- Master’s degree in engineering, physics, or related physical science discipline.
- Experience in finite element, non-linear, or multi body analysis to meet real world goals in research or design.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in delivering technical engineering solutions.
- Excellent, creative written and verbal skills (English) and utmost attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork skills coupled with the ability to work independently with limited supervision from requirements to delivery.
- Efficiently work under pressures and deadlines.
- Experience with Nastran, Simcenter 3D, NX CAE, or Femap products.
- Experience conceptualizing and managing online portals.
- Experience with current and emerging CRM technologies.
- Experience with using web-based learning solutions.
- User Interface design and usability experience.
*Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.