As an IT Technician Intern at Summit Agricultural Group, you will gain exposure in functional areas and design, testing and troubleshooting software applications, and setting up and implementing cloud-based software. Additional responsibilities include assisting the IT Department in system changes and enhancements, providing technical support for operation improvements, documenting system changes, and training users. You will also work with our IT Coordinator to review and test security policies, implement best practices, and review and update documentation and existing protocols.
Summit’s internship program is tailored to give you a unique experience while allowing you to grow in your area of study. You’ll be expected to work hard and think with an
“entrepreneurial spirit” in order to contribute your ideas for improving Summit’s business units. While you will report to the IT Director, your overall experience will be overseen by our Internship Program Coordinator, who will help ensure a successful internship experience for you. Throughout the summer, you will have the opportunity to see all areas of Summit. At the end of the summer, you will be asked to deliver a comprehensive presentation to Summit’s management team outlining the experiences, results and accomplishments you experienced during your time in the program.
Within Summit Agricultural Group’s paid internship program there will be opportunities to explore other departments, grow your professional network, engage in multiple lunch and learns and after work events!
- Supporting existing applications and projects by responding to incidents, problems, and service requests
- Administrative tasks related to the Windows Environment. For example,
- Azure/Office365 User Admin, SharePoint Admin, Basic Network, Device Admin and Server Admin
- Test Security policies
- Implement and design best practice procedures
- Update documentation and protocols
- Departmental internal controls and regulatory issues
- Basic Support of existing Hardware and Networking infrastructure
- Experience in PC/LAN and Web-based computing environment or equivalent experience