The IT Support Specialist II is responsible for working with customers onsite, traveling or work at home users on computer use. This position will get involved in virtual desktops, physical desktops, laptops, workstations and other computer technology on the manufacturing assembly floor as new requests or upgrading to better equipment. This role will also assist in network trouble shooting and mobile devices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Exhibit the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused and stewardship while modeling the associated behaviors.
2. Answers and responds to various IT support requests regarding desktop equipment, network and software problems, and user application questions via phone, email, instant message, walkup or request. Maintains requests in a technical support tracking database and ensures statuses of assigned work orders are current in the system.
3. Diagnoses problems with hardware, software and network. Responds quickly to malfunctions and provides solutions while making sure the affected computers and network equipment remain functional. Escalates issues that cannot be resolved within an established response time.
4. Plans, organizes and performs hardware and software system configuration, installation, upgrades, and maintenance on computers and peripheral equipment throughout the campus. Updates department asset inventory system whenever changes are made and assets are moved between locations.
5. Assesses and prepares for installation of computer equipment, peripherals and software. Receives, tests and installs new and updated software releases of both standard and customized applications.
6. Manages and coordinates the timely repair of hardware including computers and other related communications devices and printers. Installs, troubleshoots, and configures access to applications.
Education and/or Experience
– Associate’s Degree in Information Technology with a minimum of 3 year of experience in a related position.
– A+ Certification, Network + Certification preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
– Ability to monitor network lines and create patch cables. Ability to completely understand Microsoft Office to better assist individuals requesting troubleshooting solutions.
– Ability to operate screwdrivers, networking tools, servers, and putty sessions.
– Knowledge of current trends, various applications, and installation and de-installation practices.
– Ability to achieve the set goal of computer to upgrade or replace and monitor progress.
– Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
– Ability maintaining positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness with customers and peers.
– Ability to produce accurate, professional and error-free documents in a timely manner.
– Demonstration of good verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to prioritize multiple tasks while supporting the department.
– Ability to effectively manage time and resources.
– Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies and OUs.
Up to 5% domestic and/or international travel by car or plane may be required.