The IT Internship position is accountable for configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices; ensuring network connectivity of all workstations; equipment, hardware and software upgrades; and other duties as assigned by management.
Essential Job Requirements:
Working to achieve a Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or other related field. Individual should be detail oriented and have excellent verbal and written communication skills, sound troubleshooting techniques, and the ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment working both collaboratively and independently to solve problems. Confidentiality is crucial as access to sensitive information will occur.
Knowledge of: Windows operating systems; basic computer hardware and peripherals; Microsoft Office applications; basic networking concepts, devices, and security.
- Redesign multiple Excel spreadsheets to meet new requirements
- Document and streamline the direct order purchasing process
- Research link between possible engineering software upgrades
- Design an Access database to manage steel coil facility
- Assist employees on troubleshooting problems
- Other duties as assigned