We’re looking for a creative Instructional Designer with a proven track record of designing and developing engaging learning experiences. As an Instructional Designer, you will be responsible for creating engaging, just-in-time course content for relevant audiences.
What You’ll Do
- Execute end-to-end instructional design process with a sense of urgency and drive for excellence.
- Utilize course authoring tools (Articulate Storyline/360, Captivate) to create engaging training content.
- Work with Education Product Specialists to produce online, self-paced training content for customers, partners, and internal audiences.
- Collaborate with Education Product Specialists and stakeholders to clearly understand the business, target audience, and content needs to construct learning and performance outcomes.
- Employ a rapid-development approach and strong instructional design principles to build creative and innovative training.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout the program life cycle.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to improve end-to-end customer experience and identify opportunities to repurpose existing content/materials.
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years instructional design experience required.
- Preferred experience building eLearning content for SaaS companies.
- Experience in Agile instructional design methodology.
- Experience building end-to-end eLearning content.
- Portfolio and/or eLearning sample are required at interview.
- Highly proficient using authoring tools such as Articulate 360 and Captivate required.
- Highly proficient in graphic, video and audio production tools (Final Cut, Adobe Premier, After Effects, Adobe illustrator, Adobe Audition, Camtasia) required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, being assertive and effective in engaging people.
- Adaptable with ability to react quickly to changing direction without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to work against tight deadlines with a high quality of work.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to make sound, timely decisions.
- Ability to take feedback and implement quickly.
- Minimal travel.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View page here