The Ingredient Purchasing Manager will oversee feed ingredient procurement (excluding corn and soybean meal), ingredient vendor relationships, and the selection of best-value offerings in the feed ingredient space. This exciting opportunity carries responsibility for 1.2 million tons of mash pullet and layer feed per year made in 7 company-owned feed mills and 3 toll mills.
Essential Job Functions:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary:
- Work with the mills to track ingredient inventories and usage, schedule incoming ingredients including trucking as needed
- Support inventory reconciliation, calculation and reporting of shrink
- Evaluating current processes and implementing improvements
- Maintain relationships with vendors, advocating for Versova
- Will work directly with accounting, feed milling operations, and grain merchandising
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to establish and enhance a performance-based culture
- Proven ability to manage complex situations through critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to adapt effectively and work at a high level within a fast paced, continually changing, and demanding environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all constituencies, including employees, customers, suppliers, and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to interpret financial and operating data and then organize that data to make it actionable
- Ability to work in various climate conditions including extreme heat and cold environments, walking, standing and sitting for long periods of time
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in the feed ingredient, poultry, agriculture, or food processing industry a plus
- Animal feed formulation or data science experience preferred
Travel: Periodic visits to company feed mill plus vendor location visits and industry tradeshows as needed. Mills are in Ohio (2), Iowa (3), Washington (1), and Oregon (1).