The Infrastructure Operations Engineer will be part of a team that seeks to combine the best of IT Operations (ITOps) and Development and Operations (DevOps) methods to provide the right solutions for Workiva teams and customers. They will be involved in designing, developing, deploying, and operating complex systems for both network and Amazon AWS infrastructure. They will provide support and assistance for Workiva teams and initiatives to be successful and provide customer value.
- Responsible for support and remediation of critical issues on Workiva infrastructure, business, and dev systems and participate in on-call rotation as needed.
- Collaborate and assist with designing infrastructure and operational solutions for Workiva business needs across multiple teams.
- Manage and maintain security standards and practices to meet business auditing standards.
- Manage monitoring, alerting, and escalation policies for infrastructure and applications.
- Support business applications including issue tracking, project management, identity providers, build systems, and data warehouses.
- Design, support, and manage network infrastructure for Workiva offices around the world including switching, routing, firewalls, and wireless LAN.
- Develop and maintain automation and infrastructure/configuration as code using best practices and cloud technologies.
- Continued education on cloud technologies and other key technologies for Workiva business functions.
- Clearly communicates information about tasks and projects with teams and stakeholders.
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement
- The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple production systems
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Ability to quickly triage problems, determine root cause and drive resolution
- Strong background in network infrastructure and concepts such as routing, switching, wireless, load balancing and OSI model.
- Strong background in AWS infrastructure and services including automation tools such as Cloudformation, Terraform, and Ansible.
- Strong background in Linux system administration.
- Experience with Shell & Python scripting.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with database and webservers such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Nginx, and Tomcat.
- Experience with Git or other version control systems.
- Experience with Ansible or other configuration as code languages.
- Experience with Windows and Active Directory administration.
- Experience with Atlassian application administration and deployment, including JIRA, Confluence, and Bamboo a plus.
- Experience with software development tools and practices such as build systems and bug tracking.
- Ability to manage complex tasks and interface with users and teams.
- Up to 10% travel is required to meet with employees, vendors and/or suppliers
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View page here