Full Job Description
PowerFilm Solar is seeking an Industrial Technology Intern. If you are self-driven, creative and passionate about solving engineering problems, and want to gain a broad range of experience and knowledge in engineering, check out this position! You will be assigned actual projects and get experience from concept to completion. No canned projects here! Work on real projects that will have a real business impact!
Work a flexible schedule of up to 40 hours/week through the summer with a possibility of continuing the internship during fall semester (minimum of 10 hrs/week).
What you’ll do:
- Work on a variety of projects or just one project. Some projects will be well defined and some will have flexibility.
- Brainstorm ideas and develop a proposal or plan for the project
- Design and/or specify required components to complete the project.
- Using our internal resources of mills, lathes, welder, 3D printer and a waterjet, create parts and acquire components that are required for the project(s). As needed, send parts out to other shops to be created.
- Assemble your design.
- Implement and test your design.
What you’ll need:
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Technology
- Solidworks /Autocad experience a plus, but familiarity will also work.
- Experience with hand tools, fabrication and mills is a plus.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to work effectively both independently with little supervision and in a team environment.
- Positive attitude and ability to adapt to varying work challenges.
- Excellent work history and good attendance record.